What you'll need:
3 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 lime, juiced
1 tsp Chili Powder
1/2 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
A pinch of Cayenne Pepper
Salt and Pepper
1 lb skinless, boneless Chicken Breast, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
Wooden or Metal Stewers
Soak the wooden skewers in a tall glass of water for 30 minutes. Thread the chicken onto the soaked skewers.
To take this on a camping/cottage trip
- Freeze bag of chicken until ready to leave. Toss it into the cooler when you go and it will be thawed by the time you're ready to use it.
- Cut vegetables in advance and store them in the fridge/cooler.
- Bring skewers and soak them in a water bottle for about 30 minutes before you're ready to grill.
- Thread chicken (and vegetables if using) onto soaked skewers.
- Grill as directed above.
- Enjoy and be thankful that you don't have to eat hot dogs over the fire again for dinner.