Cabbage Beef Casserole for dinner and it was a huge hit. It has since become one of our favourite weeknight dishes to make because it has lots of flavour and makes plenty of leftovers for a few meals.
To make this Tex Mex version, I swapped out the following ingredients:
- Added a packet of taco seasoning to the beef cooking.
- Sauteed a diced onion and chopped green pepper with the beef.
- Swapped out plain tomato sauce for a spicier Mexican flavoured one.
- Added a can of green chilies
- Used half cheddar and half Tex Mex cheese
- Added toppings to the table for people to add on top later: chopped green onions, sour cream, Guacamole, salsa, etc.
Sometimes all it takes is a little bit of variation to change a regular weekly staple into something a little different!